Sunday, April 27, 2008

1 Chicken Breast Equals 8 Pies

With meat getting even dearer time for another food tip from my kitchen. This one is wonderful and so cheap.

All you need is 1 chicken breast and making it into a pie mixture adding any vegies you like. I use the water I cook the chicken breast as chicken stock. Season to your taste.

1 0r 2 sheets of puff pastry.






My pie maker, great for those pies, made in my kitchen. Be savory or sweet.




After the pastry is cut out with the pie cutter, into the heated up pie maker. Pop on the covers and cook until pastry is brown.


That was my lunch today.

I bought 5 chicken breasts for $15.00. So that was 5 chicken boobs for $3.00 each.

By thinking what I can make with1 breast, it was made into 8 pies. As I have a shocking cold and we had 2 pies each for last nights tea. The other 4 pies I cooked for lunch today and we will eat the 2 left over with tonight's meal.

Hope that all makes sense as my head is all mush with this cold.

Until next time....hoo roo

2 comments:

Steve Bennett said...

Nice one lucky, you'll give Messers Balfour and Villi and run for their money if you ever go into production with those little goodies :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Steve:D

With home made pies, I can see what goes in and we can still find good size chunks of meat with lots of vegies and not a lot of gravy under the pastry lid.