Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Meat Savings

Money is getting tighter and Christmas is next week. How is your freezer looking meat wise??

After going to the shops yesterday, mine is looking a tad bit healthier.

Each fortnight I allow ex amount of $$ for meat and that is it. So I'm always after a bargain and I found this one at our local IGA stupidmarket.




Whole rump going out for $4.99 a kilo, this pack cost us, $24.95 and was cut up into 8 meals for Pat & myself.

This costing us roughly $3.11 per meat meal. I may have got an extra 2 meals if I cut the meat thinner, but hells bells, gotta have rump thick and juicy on the dinner plate with all those yummy organic vegies. mrgreen

I try and get a feed of meat no dearer than $5.00 per meal for who ever is home for that meal. This time round I scored the jackpot.

Hope you too are scoring some pre Christmas bargains in the meat area to ease the $$$ pain as the silly season gets closer by the day.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: