Saturday, August 04, 2007

Blanching Broccoli

I have tried blanching some broccoli flowers from the little side shoots that shot after the main flower head was cut off.

I am over run with broccoli and I am not giving it away wily nilly and then have none for us.

Using the instructions I posted last year from a clipping in the Adelaide Advertiser.



Thought the old wire chipper machine basket would give me more control over putting in and pulling out the broccoli.


Blanching for 3 mins. water when cooled down will water a plant outside.


Sink with icy water to stop the cooking process. Drained well and into the freezer. We'll have this trial run Monday night with our tea and see how it goes. If I am happy with the results, I'll blanch some more.

Technorati technorati tags:

No comments: