Saturday, February 09, 2008

Roasting Capsicums.

With the capsicums starting to turn a red colour, today I thought I'd try my hand at roasting 3 of them as a trial run.

If I like what I have done and the taste is good, I'll do some more with the next flush of red coloured capsicums I pick.



I washed and dried the capsicums and placed them on a tray. They were then placed into a oven with the temp set at 200 degrees.



Once they had started to blacken and the skin bubble off the flesh I removed them from the oven.



I then covered the capsicum with some gladwrap and left it to sweat for 10 minutes.



I then set about peeling the skin from the flesh after I had sliced and removed the top and seeds. Capsicum pieces were then popped into a sterile jar, with extra light olive oil and the lid firmly closed.



End result. Maybe I could have used a smaller jar mrgreen but it was a trial run and now I have more of an idea of what I will be doing next time round.

Not sure how long to leave the jar before I sample the end result. Here's hoping its as yummy as it looks.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

No comments: